Friday 18 March 2011

Rihanna: Chris Brown assault liberated me

Rihanna has taken the positives from the attack she suffered at the hands of ex-boyfriend Chris
Brown.



Chris, 21, assaulted Rihanna - real name Robyn Fenty - in 2009 before the Grammy Awards, leaving the pop star battered and bruised.

'It actually gave me a lot of liberation,' says Rihanna, 23.
'I was able to tap into the personal part of my music.
'I started to tell stories through my music that were actually my stories.'
Following the incident, Chris was sentenced to 6 months of community labour and a year of domestic violence classes.
Meanwhile, Rihanna's career has exploded, with platinum-selling albums and raunchy, much-talked about performances.
'It made me look at the world in a much bigger way because my life was super-duper magnified,' Ri-Ri tells Vogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment